To be introduced by Sheila Gurrie, City Clerk.
Purpose: To provide the Governance and Priorities Committee with an overview of Council’s current and previous Committees, and to provide recommendations for moving forward.
Recommendation: That the Governance and Priorities Committee recommend that Council:
1. dissolve the following Committees of Council that are currently on hold:
- Community Planning and Development;
- Community Vitality;
- Public Safety;
- Public Works and Engineering;
- Parks Recreation and Wellness; and,
2. Continue with the Finance & Audit Committee to carry-out the work on financial and budgetary matters for Council and appoint a Chair based on the Acting Mayor rotating schedule.