To be introduced by Bill Sims, General Manager, Engineering and Public Works.
Purpose: To provide the Governance and Priorities Committee with a status update on the Downtown Mobility Hub Project, and to seek Council direction on specific aspects of the project.
Recommendation: That the Governance and Priorities Committee recommend that Council approve siting an on-street Transit Exchange on Front Street adjacent 1 Port Drive, and direct Staff to proceed to Phase 2 of the project to:
- work with the Regional District of Nanaimo to prepare a design for an on-street Transit Exchange,
- complete designs for the Downtown and Albert Street bikeways,
- complete a review of the Downtown Road Network to seek opportunities to enhance connectivity,
- finalize the Parking Management Strategy, and
- develop plans to optimize streetscapes and place making.