To be introduced by Dale Lindsay, General Manager, Development Services.
Purpose: To provide the Governance and Priorities Committee with a proposed outline of the City’s strategic policy development process for 2020.
Recommendation: That the Governance and Priorities Committee recommend Council endorse the draft work plan and guiding principles for the 2020 strategic policy development process:
- Build on successful policies in existing documents;
- Incorporate Council’s strategic themes identified in the Strategic Plan: Environmental Responsibility, Governance Excellence, Livability, and Economic Health;
- Acknowledge and address the priorities of climate change, reconciliation, and sustainable service delivery;
- Include robust community engagement in the creation of plans and strategies; and
- Provide a clear and coordinated vision to guide community-building for the next 25 years.